FMP Postdoc Representatives
The FMP Postdoc Representatives aim to promote networking and scientific exchange between FMP postdoctoral scientists. Currently Gillian Dornan, Cathrine Nordgaard, Sofia Elizarova, Jan Vincent Arafiles and Neelay Kailash Mehendale are Postdoc Representatives.
- networking, scientific exchange, and community building between local postdoctoral scientists
- Career and professional development opportunities for postdoctoral researchers
- Advocacy and advice for postdoctoral issues
- Representation of postdoctoral researchers and their interests in board meetings/general assemblies
- Networking Lunch Seminars – Speakers representing different career pathways. In the past, we have had academic group leaders, EU grant officers, and project managers in industry.
- Chalk Talks – This series aims to familiarize Postdocs with a different format of presenting your research ideas. Chalk Talk format is often used in interviews for Academic Group Leader positions as well as interviews for grants.
- Annual Postdoc Day Symposium – A full day event that gives Postdoctoral Researchers and final year PhD researchers a chance to disseminate current research with other Post-docs from across Berlin. The event is composed of a keynote speaker, short talks, posters, workshops and CV checks.
- Social Events – Postdoc/PhD Pubquiz, PDA hosted beer hours
For advice, feedback and suggestions send a message to postdocrep(at)fmp-berlin.de or visit them in the lab.