As a member of the Leibniz Association, FMP is committed to Open Access. It thereby adheres to the "Berlin Declaration on Open Access to Knowledge in the Sciences and Humanities" and the "Open Access Policy of the Leibniz Association". Moreover, many third-party funded projects (EU commission, Leibniz Association, …) are required to make sure that any peer-reviewed journal article they publish is openly accessible.
- FMP encourages und supports its academic staff to publish their research results in accordance with the principles of Open Access.
- At FMP, this is carried out via publications in fully-Open Access journals (gold-OA), or – within legal limitations – by making the publications accessible via document servers (repositories) either in parallel with publication or retroactively as soon as possible (green-OA) or using a paid open access option in subscription journals (hybrid).
- For immediate Open Access publications, the institute recommends publishing under a free usage license (currently e.g. Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)).
- FMP recommends the opportunity to apply for funds to cover publication costs in the course of an application for third-party funding.
FMP promotes Open Access by:
- indexing freely accessible publications by its academic staff with LeibnizOpen.
- advising its academic staff on Open Access and supporting them in clarifying issues concerning Open Access publication of their research results. For this purpose, the Open Access representatives Franziska Ringleb and Maria Jäpel have been appointed as appropriate contact persons.
- signing up for project DEAL
- signing the publish and read agreement with Nature
- financially supporting open access publications